Saturday, August 5, 2017

Allergy help for Roxi Dog

With today's ease of the internet it's easy to find quality dog food. I never have to walk down a grocery store aisle to buy some. Chewy by far is the easiest way to order food & treats. This post I'm including my favor companies!

Brother's Complete has by far the best kibble & comes in 4 different proteins with treats to match. They also use a high quality bag that keeps the food fresh & insect free. They now are working on adding a goat flavor to the line!

I really like adding some 'soft' to her meal, I add about 1/3 cup. Adding a little helps with hydration as Roxi isn't a big on drinking water. We've been using Zignature Kangaroo or Lamb Formula, a limited ingredient product. 

I'm fond of adding a booster or topper to her food as well. I've been using "Toppers" from Vital Essentials. These come in four proteins & are a crumb like mix that I use as alternative to an all-raw diet. There're freeze-dried from free-range beef and vital organs.

Our kibble stays fresh as can be with a Vittles Vault. This storage container is made of heavy-duty BPA free food grade plastic, which is a must when storing kibble. We ordered the 40lb size, which is stackable, or in our case fits nicely underneath our top cabinets. I'm so glad we ordered a size larger than I was thinking of getting (25lb). Mainly because I love the slanted shape design, it's so easy to get the kibble out! It has a super wide lid for easy fill and easy to scoop out our @brotherscompletepetfood kibble. The lid is also air-tight to keep pests out & freshness in.


I've added to 'Complete Me' to Roxi's diet. This is a multi-vitamin, anti-oxidant skin & coat supplement. The key ingredient is Provinal purified Omega-7 oil, clinically proven to lower LDL & triglycerides & boost HDL levels. TruDog has a complete line of supplements, food, treats, dental & accessories. 
I'm very conscience of Roxi's weight keeping her under 50lbs.  I never give table scrapes! Roxi only expects food in the morning & evening meals. I give her a lunch snack which is a dental treat or a raw treat plus 2 cookies for bedtime.  Feeding amounts on packaging is meant as a guideline that you control. I'm of the opinion to feed a little less for meals if you want to treat during the day. No matter what you choose to feed try to make it a product with no fillers or artificial ingredients.  You might find feeding a quality product will cost you less due to the amount you feed. FYI these are my opinions on how I want to feed my dog, Roxi.
💚

#brotherscomplete #dogfood #dogkibble #kibble #lamb #venison #turkey #chicken #biscuit #dogbiscuit #dogtreats #allergies #chewy #vittlesvault #vitalessentialraw #zignature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for talking about the cost of high quality and the best dog foods like Brothers Complete dog food actually being less expensive than cheaper foods to feed because you feed less of Brothers each day than the less expensive dog foods. We've posted a comparison price chart on our website at brotherscomplete.com with almost 70 examples of dog food that has a lower sticker price than Brothers Complete but costs more to feed each month than Brothers. It's important that people know this because they're already paying as much or more than Brothers just to get an inferior dog food. For the same money they could feed the best quality dog food and have a healthier dog. Thanks again. Richard Darlington

    ReplyDelete