Friday, December 9, 2016

TEACH YOUR DOG TO PLAY FETCH



Roxi loves to play fetch. The frisbee from @multipetinternational is a great toy to train a dog to play fetch. It has a squeaker built into the outer ring that helps get your dogs attention while still in your hand. I make sure to squeak the 'Fetching Flyer' just as I throw it so she can track it. As soon as she picks up the frisbee I called her back to me, have her sit then I gave her the 'drop command'. She gets rewarded with a tiny treat or lots of 'good dog hugs' if you're having trouble with your dog coming back to you take baby steps and just throw it a short distance away. 


We recommend you use dog safe toys that won't cause injuries to your dogs mouth while playing. The video is her with my husband & a tennis ball. Playing fetch is a great source of exercise for your dog and generally you don't have to run that much either. You can keep your dog interested by changing direction or how you throw the object. 


No comments:

Post a Comment